I have upgraded Beagle to version 0.2.0 and here I post some additional info about the installation.
Also, I have uploaded some spec files.
This time Beagle compiled smoothly. It required an updated version of
gmime, actually v2.1.19 or newer, so I upgraded it. I also upgraded Mono to version 220.127.116.11, which also compiled without problems.
EvolutionDataServer backend still produces problems and the Beagle daemon crashes when it’s enabled. I don’t know if this is due to the old Evolution Data Server version (v1.2) that ships with FC4 or if the evolution-sharp’s support for this version of the server is not complete. The fact is that it does not work, no matter what I have tried. Anyway, this backend can be disabled when you launch the beagled daemon :
# beagled --deny-backend EvolutionDataServer
You should also try launching the daemon with the
--replace option, so that it takes over any already running
More info about my installation and what beagle dependencies I have satisfied so far can be read at my post on the Fedora Forums.
UPDATE: I have upgraded my main desktop (!) to Fedora Rawhide. It includes Mono applications, so I guess I won’t be updating those spec files any more. The dependency info inside them was a mess anyway, so they are removed.
The New Interface
Here is a screenshot I took (hosted on Yahoo! Flickr):
The new search interface is a lot better than the old one. I have encountered some random crashes, but I’m not sure if it’s beagle search‘s fault. But, overall it’s great.
I have read lately that
Mono will be included in FC5. I consider this as extremely good news. Until next time…
Beagle Part II by George Notaras is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright © 2006 - Some Rights Reserved