This plugin intends to become the only tool a user will need in order to set a Creative Commons License on a WordPress blog and control the inclusion or display of the license information into the blog pages or the syndication feeds. All configuration is done from a page in the administration panel. Template tags are also available for those who need customization.
These are the plugin’s features in short:
- Configuration page in the WordPress administration panel. No manual editing of files is needed for basic usage.
- License selction by using the web-based license selection engine from CreativeCommons.org.
- The license information can be reset at any time. This action also removes the options that are stored in the WordPress database.
- Adds license information to:
- The HTML head area of the every blog page (this is for search engine bots only – Not visible to human visitors).
- The Atom, RSS 2.0 and RDF (aka RSS 1.0) feeds through the Creative Commons RSS module, which validates properly. This option is compatible only with WordPress 2 or newer due to technical reasons. It will not appear on versions older than 2.0.
- Displays a block with license information under the published content. Basic customization (license information and formatting) is available through the configuration panel.
- Some template tags are provided for use in your theme templates.
- The plugin is ready for localization.
cc-configurator.php file in your
/wp-content/plugins/ directory and activate the plugin through the administration panel.
The license configuration can be done from within the administration panel. Go to:
Administration Panel -> Options -> License
For full functionality, this plugin requires WordPress 2 or newer. If you use it with older versions of WordPress, the option to include licensing info in the feeds will not appear in the configuration page.
Creative-Commons-Configurator is an open-source project, released as Free Software under the terms of the Apache License version 2.
Downloads, Issue Tracking, Support
For the latest releases of Creative-Commons-Configurator please visit the Creative-Commons-Configurator development web site.
This plugin is also available at the WordPress Plugin Repository from where you can automatically receive the updated releases.
The development website also hosts an issue tracking facility, where you can check the current feature requests and bug reports.
This plugin has been discontinued.
Creative-Commons-Configurator WordPress Plugin by George Notaras is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright © 2006 - Some Rights Reserved